In this skill video World Cup 2014 silver medallist Floris van der Linden show us how to receive a high ball. It is different from the overhead receive, showed in a different video (click here to view that one), in that the ball is trapped around shoulder height instead of above the head.
Here are the most important points:
1. Quickly gauge the distance of the high ball & move to the best position.
2. Hold stick level with both hands & direct ball to the ground.
3. Keep your eyes on the ball.
4. Option 1: Open up your body & guide the ball into your forehand space.
5. Option 2: Close your body & guide the ball into your backhand space.