1. First of, there are two ways to hold the stick: choke grip (short and low) or high grip (hands on top of it).
2. Both hands must go together with no space in between, this will prevent the face of the stick from flipping and rotating while giving you the proper wrist movement.
3. The face of the stick must start open as we want to impact the ball on the side and not on the top of it.
4. In order to manage the power of the hit, we need to regulate the way we rotate our body and how we transfer the bodyweight forward, sometimes we need to use all of our power (scoring), but sometimes we need to add more control to it (passing).
5. Our head must be on top of the ball at all times, the ball must be in line or slightly in front of our left foot and our eyes must be focused on it, making sure that we impact the ball in the right angle.
For the whole tutorial, visit http://bit.ly/FieldHockeyHit