Today we are going to use this video that shows exactly how to tackle from the left side avoiding injury. Sometimes is called entering form the “wrong side” but, is there really a right and wrong side? Is the defender, in this case in blue, forced to allow the attacker shoot?
The defender must go for the tackle but he or she must take certain precautions:
1. Use the full reach of the left arm.
2. Enter your left arm into action while leaving your body behind.
3. Expose the stick and the grip before the hand (notice how at the last moment, the defender hides his hand).
4. Move your face away from the swing of the attacker.
5. As in this case, use your right hand to stop the swing of the opponent disallowing the stick connect with your face.